Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy 40 Years, AΓ∆-Gamma Sigma!!

This past weekend was a big deal for my sorority. I am a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, and our chapter celebrated 40 years of being on Troy's campus. One thing I love about being an Alpha Gam, is that my mom is also an Alpha Gam so we get to share that bond. My mom has stayed active as an alum and serves as President for our Alumni Group. Since about last October, she has been planning vigorously for our annual International Reunion Day, a luncheon that alumni get to come back for, and also our Spring Formal. So these two events were extra special this year! This past Saturday these events finally arrived.

Saturday afternoon was IRD. It was so fun hearing how our chapter used to be 40, 30, 20, and 10 years ago. We heard some really funny stories and many that made me cry...multiple times. (That probably has a lot to do with the fact that I'm in my last semester of school)

Then that night, Formal arrived. Our functions are always just collegians, but it was an option for the alums to come as well. I had an absolute blast at Formal! It was so funny seeing some of our alums that are in their 50's and 60's out on the dance floor. I was really sad when the night came to an end, because we thought it was going to be our last function. Well, come to find out our alums are planning a Date Party for us at no expense. We were very happy when we found this out!

If anyone that's reading this is in a sorority, pay attention here: Cherish the bonds with your sisters. After hearing some of our alums' stories about losing touch with some people it really showed me that I need to keep in touch with them. I can't imagine my life without my sisters, and so I'm going to do everything I can to keep them in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a Zeta Tau Alpha sister and I understand exactly how you feel <3 i love the bond!

    ReplyDelete